Japanese Music Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find your dream ~ ^^

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Japanese Music VS English Music

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AruHiNoKuma3

AruHiNoKuma3

Japanese Music VS English Music Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Music VS English Music   Japanese Music VS English Music EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 am

Like I said on one of the threads, or what ever you call them, I'm new to this forum. In fact, I'm new to forums in general. So, to be honest, I don't know what a thread is lol. And I also don't even know what a Topic is, but I'm giving one shot at this and if this isn't right, please tell me, and if I'm doing something right then hurray for that Very Happy

So I'm in the section Japanese Music and I was desperate to post something lol. So the only thing I could think of, at the moment, is Japanese Music and English Music. And I, personally, only listen to Japanese music. So how about you guys? I've been repeating this, but I really don't know what to do and what's right and what's wrong but I thought it would be cool if we could get to know each other Smile

What genres of Japanese music do you guys listen to?

Favorite Artists?

Japanese music or English music, which is better? Why?

-AruHiNoKuma3
Back to top Go down
Eikou Kurai

Eikou Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music VS English Music   Japanese Music VS English Music EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:25 am

Hee, you're doing fine. ^^
A topic is just a new discussion. Anyone's free to start one. This forum is hardly in use anymore, but who knows? Maybe it'll turn into a place where JMD fans talk to each other.

Also, I prefer Japanese. There's english songs that I like, but frankly, the popular ones disappoint me. All they talk about is sex and all they do is spew profanity and degrade others. They're quite vulgar. I don't really find any joy in them, nor do I find any truth. Also, a lot of english music is ran by the companies and producers. Out of the Japanese music that I listen to, they all work on their own stuff. Which just makes it better. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://eikounishimura.blogspot.com
Etheriah

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music VS English Music   Japanese Music VS English Music EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:56 pm

I like both really.

Japanese Music, I usually listen to the happier sounding stuff as it cheers me up. The instrumentals are a lot better than English ones, and they have more fun songs.

However, I do like some english music. Namely softer rock music, without all the swearing etc.
So yeah, my playlist is filled with a mix of both really =P
Back to top Go down
AruHiNoKuma3

AruHiNoKuma3

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music VS English Music   Japanese Music VS English Music EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:21 am

>Kurai Eikou -- I apologize for writing so long ><

Haha yay (゜∀ ゜)b I'll try and make responses shorter next time Razz
Now that I know about this forum, I'd go on it for sure! And also I've always wanted to join a forum but none of them really interested me. I hope JMD's forum continues!! The people are nice too

Yes! That is exactly the same as how I feel! Maybe it's also because I'm half Japanese and I can understand the lyrics completely, but I feel there's more to it. I'm not really sure what but some things I thought were:

-The beat is a bit harder for Japanese Songs.
(For example, me and a couple of my friends formed a drum-less band and we play Japanese music. Both my friends play guitar and I play bass, and we realized that the beat is harder to play then, say, if we were playing a metalica song).

-The bass-lines are a bit more complicated.
I, like I said earlier, play bass and I see a HUGE difference from when I play English songs and Japanese songs. English Bass-lines are all pretty much loops of a diff. So they'd have one riff for the verses, one for the bridge and one for the chorus. And most of the time it's a simple riff too. So for one, it's boring to play, two, it's not very creative, so three, bass players don't seem like they have much skill. However, Japanese songs on the other hand have much complex bass-lines. They actually have their own melody played so it's not a repeating riff. I guess it would depend on the song and artist but the majority of Japanese songs have a complex bass line.
I also think this would affect when listening to music too. I realized most popular music now isn't just the bass-line that's repeating.

-The lyrics have MUCH more meaning in Japanese songs.
Just like what you said, most popular English songs are popular because of their swear words and sex in their lyrics and names. A friend of mine even showed me a rap called something like: "My big d*c*". (I wasn't sure if I can use that kind of language on the forums so...) And rap music, is MUCH better in Japanese. For example, lately, I've been listening to m-flo. It's Japanese and the rapper's name is VERBAL (I think). His English is amazing so it feels like an english song but he's also good at Japanese so there's also some Japanese lyrics. They mostly sing with other famous artists so it sounds like popular music with a rap feel to it + rap. You'll have to listen to it to know it, cause I'm really bad at explaining lol. Some artists that get feature are like: Chemestry, Melody, MONKEY MAJIK, Benny K, etc. Maybe you know some of them. I suggest maybe try to listen to their songs Very Happy

Overall I completely agree with you and I don't see many people who think this way of Japanese music Smile I'm glad I joined this forum; it's filled with awesome people Razz

PS:If I were to listen to english song's it'll probably be: Daft Punk, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wheezer and Maroon 5, etc. But because of my very limited 8GB of space on my iPod, I only keep Japanese songs in my pocket Smile
Back to top Go down
AruHiNoKuma3

AruHiNoKuma3

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music VS English Music   Japanese Music VS English Music EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:25 am

>Etheriah
I said most of the things I had to say, for now, on my reply to Eikou, but yeah.
Pretty much I completely agree with you. At first, I was completely rejecting English songs but I realized that they still have some good singers out there. But mainly Japanese music is what I listen to. And for sure, a song is much more meaningful and better when it's not all about swearing, drugs or sex.
Back to top Go down
Eikou Kurai

Eikou Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music VS English Music   Japanese Music VS English Music EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:29 pm

@Aru-san
Sorry I haven't replied to this, it has been long overdue.
I agree with what you've said, I would love to dive into the details of my thoughts but there isn't much time left for me right now, I'm a bit crammed in my schedule. I'm just trying to tie up loose ends, as they say.
I WILL respond in detail when I have the time, I promise.

For the time being, if you haven't already, please go onto JMD's new true forum, which

Please be as active and as kind there as you are here. I will become active there as well, when time permits.

Hontou Arigatou,
-Ei
Back to top Go down
http://eikounishimura.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music VS English Music   Japanese Music VS English Music Empty

Back to top Go down

Japanese Music VS English Music
Page 1 of 1